How to Properly Maintain Your Colleyville Pool
One of the best ways to be the Texas heat is to jump into a nice, cool swimming pool. Unfortunately, no one wants to swim in a pool that has yellowed water and dirt buildup. Everyone wants to swimming in a cleaned, blue pool with fresh water.
There are several benefits to properly maintaining your pool including:
- Your family will use it more often
- It improve the appearance of your home
- The pool will last longer
- The pump and circulation system will be more durable
Tips for Properly Maintaining Your Pool
When you own a swimming pool, you want to be able to use it without hassle. To avoid major malfunctions in your pool, you should properly clean and repair your pool regularly. Here are some tips to help you keep your Colleyville pool sparkling clean and healthy for regularly use.
- Use your pool’s skimmer regularly to remove bugs, dirt and fallen debris.
- Check your pool’s chlorine or saline levels at least twice a week.
- Clean hair and lint from the pump of your pool every couple of weeks. It is important to turn off the pump during this process.
- Use catalyst tabs by following the instructions on the packet as they are needed.
- Wipe or scrub the tile of your pool weekly to reduce the amount of dirty build up.
- Make sure your pool’s water level is consistently high.
- Caulk any signs of cracks around the perimeter of your pool between your deck and your tile. Water should not be allowed to travel from inside the pool to under the decks through cracks.
- Keep vegetation, animals, and chemicals away from the pool.
- Make sure you store chemicals directly out of the sunlight. Keep them in a cool dry place.
Tips for Properly Cleaning Your Swimming Pool Filter
One of the most important features of your swimming pool is your swimming pool filter. The filter helps you keep your pool sparkling and clean. However, you do have to clean your filter regularly to keep it working accurately. The proper way to clean your cartridge pool filter consists of three different steps.
- Rinse off the loose dirt from your filter
- Soak the filter in a chemical cleaner
- Rinse the chemical out of the filter
This cleaning process will ensure that your filter is properly maintained and well cleaned. Removing loose dirt first is key, and then allow your filter to soak in a chemical cleanser for at least twenty four hours. Finally, you should rinse the entire chemical off of your filter for a completely thorough cleaning.