Grand Prairie Pool Company
Do you love your pool, but hate cleaning it? Most people do, so you’re not alone! Luckily, there’s a Grand Prairie pool company you can trust to make your life easier with weekly pool maintenance services that are affordable and precise. At Gateway Pool Service we are known for our weekly pool service plans because they make life easy – without breaking the bank!
Want to learn more about our weekly pool service plans for homes and businesses? Or are you in need of swimming pool repairs, spa repairs, spa maintenance or pool filter cleaning on a less regular basis? Whatever the case may be, call 817-905-4257 to get the pool services in Grand Prairie, TX you need!
Grand Prairie Swimming Pool Maintenance
When it comes to maintenance, swimming pools and spas often get neglected. And that’s where all the problems start popping up. First, it’s just a matter of too much debris floating around in the water, making people less likely to enjoy themselves – but not too much of a hinderance, so no biggie, right? Then comes the algae and green water… now you’ve got problems and health concerns abounding! Keep it all in check by signing up for weekly swimming pool maintenance in Grand Prairie, TX from Gateway Pool Service. Also keep in mind these 12 Common Swimming Pool Maintenance Mistakes, and avoid them:
- Not checking your pool’s chemistry often enough. Letting the chemicals in your swimming pool get out of balance leads to major shifts and the need for a lot of corrections to get that perfect water. A good rule of thumb is to keep an eye on the chemistry level twice per week in the summer and once per week in the winter. Having the proper balance can prevent bacteria and algae from growing, which will save you from even more maintenance investments later.
- Allowing pH to get above 8.0. At 8.5 chlorine is only 10% active. At 7.0 it is about 73% active. By just maintaining pH around 7.5 the chlorine is 50-60% active. Keeping the pH in check will allow you to use to the full potential the chlorine that is already in the pool. Keep your pool healthy with the right balance.
- Not keeping alkalinity between 80-140 PPM. Low or high alkalinity can affect water balance and ultimately a sanitizer’s ability to perform.
- Not checking TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) or calcium hardness on a regular basis. Check TDS every 6 months and calcium hardness every month. These also affect water balance. (Too much calcium buildup getting on your pool walls and tiles? Our weekly pool maintenance for Grand Prairie homes and businesses includes vacuuming and cleaning to ensure your pool looks great all the time!)
- Not cleaning the cells in saltwater systems (chlorine generators). Corroded or calcified cells will produce little chlorine.
- Backwashing sand filters too often. If you do this, the filter can never reach its cleaning potential. If you backwash on a regular basis for no reason, you are wasting water. Our team provides the proper balance with our Grand Prairie swimming pool maintenance program.
- Not cleaning the skimmer basket and/or hair and lint pot in the pool pump often enough. If these are full of debris you will get little flow resulting in poor circulation, potentially creating a big problem.
- Adding chemicals, especially liquid chlorine, during the day. Try to add chemicals in the evening after the sun has set. You will get more out of them.
- Not brushing the walls and tile down often enough. If your circulation system is suspect, and many are, brushing down the walls will help eliminate algae problems. Keeping your tile clean will save you money. Once the tile gets calcified it becomes like plaque and will take a specialist to get it off.
- Make sure that you keep the space between the bottom of the cantilever on the deck and the top of the tile in check. If this cracks, then put in some silicon. You do not want water migrating from the inside of the pool out under the decking.
- Not running pumps long enough. When it comes to a healthy and efficient pool in Grand Prairie, it is ALL about the FLOW! Circulation is the key to a low maintenance swimming pool, and our Grand Prairie pool maintenance specialists will be happy to show you how.
- Not replacing broken or missing drains or suction sources. This a real hazard as it messes with the effectiveness of your pool’s filtration system. You can’t keep the bad stuff out if the pieces that help your pool filter work are broken! So take care to contact a professional Grand Prairie pool service company to have this equipment fixed.
Want to keep your pool in pristine condition? Call the Grand Prairie pool service experts at Gateway Pool Service to schedule service today!
What People Are Saying About Our Grand Prairie Pool Services:
appreciates your feedback. Please give us more time to collect your reviews and they will be displayed below.
Recent Articles About Pool Services in Grand Prairie:
- Tips On Fort Worth Pool Equipment Repairs
Fort Worth summers can be unbearable without access to a pool. It’s so disappointing not to be able to cool off! You may consider fixing the problem yourself, but swimming pools are more complicated than they seem on the surface. For a professional Fort Worth pool equipment repair technician, it’s simple. For a homeowner who...Read More
- Why You Need A Fort Worth Pool Inspection
Pools are a thing of joy to most people in Fort Worth, TX, especially during the hot summer days we’ve been getting in the area lately. Swimming pools not only keep us cool when the heat is on, but they can bring up memories of summers, childhood, and fun, relaxing times. People in Fort Worth...Read More
If you are looking for a professional Grand Prairie pool company, call 817-905-4257 or fill out our online request form.